1. Catharsis- an emotional release by the audience.
2. Dramatic conventions-though it departs from reality, its accepted by the audience and author as a means of representing reality.
3. De us ex machnina--"God from the machine" -a problem resolved unexpectedly.
4.Dionysian-Pertaining to Dionysus-unrestrained, undisciplined, frenzied
5. Empathy-Identifying and relating to something that happened to someone else.
6.Euphemism-The substitution of a mild, indirect, or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, or harsh or blunt.
7.Extended Metaphor-A metaphor that extends through a piece of literary work.
8. Couplet-two successive lines, usually in the same meter, linked by rime.
9. Euphony-a smooth, pleasant sounding,choice and arrangement of sounds.
10. Meter-regularized rhythm; rhythmical pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in verse
11. iambic meter/iamb- a meter in which the majority of feet are iambs- one unaccented syllable and one accented syllable.
12.Metrical pause- a pause that supplies the place of an expected accented syllable. Unlike grammatical and rhetorical pauses, metrical pauses affect scansion.